XPert Balance Enclosures
XPert Balance Enclosures provide user protection by keeping powders, particulates and fume contained during weighing procedures. They are well suited for pharmaceutical research and other laboratory applications involving weighing of toxic substances. These vented balance safety enclosures may be ducted to the outside or connected to the FilterMate Portable Exhauster to be exhausted back into the laboratory through HEPA filters, carbon filters, or a combination of both HEPA and carbon filters.
Their ample, 23" interior depth easily accommodates large micro and analytical balances, and a true bag-in/bag-out filter disposal system allows safe filter replacement.
- Low profile fits in tight spaces
- Deep 23" or 30" interior easily accommodates large micro and analytical balances
- Patented Clean-Sweep™ air foil allows air to sweep the work surface for maximum containment
- Upper containment sash foil bleeds air into the enclosure to direct concentrations of contaminants away from the operator's breathing zone
- Upper dilution air supply introduces room air at the top of the sash to dilute concentrations in the upper chamber and bathes the back of the sash with clean air
- Patented* rear baffle with zones of perforations promotes horizontal laminar airflow to maximize containment. Airflow openings pull inflow air from under the air foil so that clean air continually flows over the air foil creating a constant barrier of protection from contaminants
- Side-entry air foils allow air to sweep across the interior glass surfaces to enhance containment
- Sturdy glacier white and gray, dry powder epoxy-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle dissipate static charge and provide durability and better corrosion resistance compared to acrylic models. No unreliable plastic-to-plastic bonding is used
- Tempered safety glass front sash, sides and top offer excellent visibility, ambient light and protection. Glass provides improved fire, scratch and corrosion resistance than acrylic and dissipates static charge.
- 8", 10" or 12" high sash opening limits exhaust demand, conserves costly tempered room air and requires a smaller remote blower than most fume hoods
- Ergonomic 20° angled sash allows a closer view, reduces glare and provides a more comfortable operating position than vertical sashes. The hinged sash pivots upward and locks to a loading height of 20"
- Two utility ports with iris openings allow passage of tubing, electrical cords and interface cables from inside to back exterior for connection to services
- Flexible exhaust options. 2" x 10" rectangular exhaust collars on the top and bottom allow the XPert Balance Enclosure to be connectedconnected to ductwork for exhausting to the outside or to a FilterMate™ Portable Exhauster for filtered removal of powders, particulates or fumes. Using the bottom exhaust collar keeps ductwork hidden, maximizing room visibility.
- Particulate containment independently verified by SafeBridge Consultants, Inc
- ASHRAE 110-1995 conformity as independently verified by ECT, Inc
- Free validation package available. Contains SafeBridge Consultants, Inc. and ECT, Inc. Test Reports; Installation Qualification/ Operation Qualification (IQ/OQ) Protocol; and Maintenance Log.
- 2', 3', 4', 5', 6' and 8' widths
- Built-in Guardian™ 1000 Digital or Guardian™ Jr. Airflow Monitor with low voltage electrical cord, power pack and plug
- International electrical configuration
- XPert Balance Enclosure Systems. One catalog number includes the XPert Balance Enclosure with Guardian Jr. Airflow Monitor, FilterMate Portable Exhauster and Black Solid Epoxy Dished Work Surface
- Connection to a remote blower or FilterMate Portable Exhauster.
- Work surface.
- Supporting base.
- Carbon Filters for Some Models (see brochure).
- Fluorescent Light Kits for installation atop the Enclosure for enhanced illumination of the interior. Include auxiliary electrical receptacle with switch.
- Transition Adapters for connecting ductwork routed either up or down
- Exhaust Dampers to allow adjustment to the airflow
- Utility Shelf Kit for attaching to the rear baffle perforations to hold a printer, utensils and other miscellaneous weighing supplies
- Replacement HEPA Filter
- Replacement Bag for HEPA Filter Bag-In/Bag-Out to ensure contamination of particulate matter during filter changing.
XPert Balance & Bulk Powder Enclosures Catalog
Contains information on XPert Filtered Balance Systems, XPert Filtered Balance Stations, XPert Balance Enclosures, XPert Bulk Powder Filtered Systems, XPert Bulk Powder Filtered Stations, XPert Bulk Powder Enclosures, XPert TXE Equipment Enclosures, and Accessories including FilterMate Portable Enclosures.
XPert Balance Enclosures, Systems and Stations
Video detailing the features, benefits and proper use and maintenance of Labconco's XPert Balance Enclosures, Filtered Balance Systems and Filtered Balance Stations.
XPert Balance Enclosures and Protector XVS Ventilation Stations Manual
For catalog numbers: 3930200, 3930201, 3930202, 3930221, 3930222, 3930230, 3930231, 3930232, 3030241, 3930242, 3930300, 3930301, 3930302, 3930321, 3930322, 3930330, 3930331, 3930332, 3030341, 3930342, 3930400, 3930401, 3930402, 3930421, 3930422, 3930430, 3930431, 3930432, 3030441, 3930442, 3971500, 3971501, 3971502, 3971521, 3971522, 3971530, 3971531, 3971532, 3971541, 3971542, 3971560, 3971561, 3971562, 3971571, 3971572, 3971600, 3971601, 3971602, 3971621, 3971622, 3971630, 3971631, 3971632, 3971641, 3971642, 3971660, 3971661, 3971662, 3971671, 3971672, 3971800, 3971801, 3971802, 3971821, 3971822, 3971830, 3971831, 3971832, 3971841, 3971842, 3971860, 3971861, 3971862, 3971871, 3971872, 4862010, 4862011, 4862012, 4862021, 4862022, 4862030, 4862031, 4862032, 4862041, 4862042, 4863010, 4863011, 4863012, 4863021, 4863022, 4863030, 4863031, 4863032, 4863041, 4863042, 4864010, 4864011, 4864012, 4864021, 4864022, 4864030, 4864031, 4864032, 4864041, 4864042, 4865010, 4865011, 4865012, 4865021, 4865022, 4865060, 4865
ETL Authorization Mark for XPert Systems, Purifier Vertical Clean Benches and Purifier Filtered PCR Enclosures
This document from Intertek authorizes the use of the ETL mark on XPert Systems, Purifier Vertical Clean Benches and Purifier Filtered PCR Enclosures.