Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Hoods
The Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Hoods are general chemistry hoods that offer superior design flexibility. They are available in widths from 3 to 16 feet and three depths to meet a variety of installation and application requirements. These hoods incorporate containment-enhancing features allowing them to operate at face velocities as low as 60 fpm and meet the SEFA-1 standard of a low velocity high performance hood.
• By-pass airflow design.
• Eco-Foil Air Foil with aerodynamic Clean-Sweep™ airflow openings.
• Cord-Keeper™ Slots on left and right side of air foil.
• Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior.
• Chemical-resistant, fiberglass-reinforced, composite panel liner and baffle.
• Opti-Zone™ Baffle* with flame spread index less than 25 per ASTM E84. Baffle is removable for cleaning.
• Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash(es) with cable pulley(s) and powder-coated aluminum sash handle(s).
• 37.5" (95.3 cm) high sightline from the work surface and header panel.
• Removable front and side panels, and front and interior service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring.
• Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches.
• Powder-coated stainless steel, 12.81" (32.5 cm) ID exhaust connection(s).
Required Accessories (not included)
• Remote blower
• Spillstopper™ Work Surface
• Base cabinet or stand
Optional Accessories (not included)
• Service Fixture Kits (some models include service fixtures)
• Electrical Duplex Kits (some models include electrical duplex)
• Airflow Monitors
• Distillation Grids
• Snuffer™ Fire Extinguisher
• Ceiling Enclosures
• Rear Finish Panels
Protector XStream, Premier and XL Laboratory Fume Hoods Brochure
This brochure contains descriptions, dimensional data and ordering information on Protector XStream, Premier and XL Laboratory Fume Hoods and SpillStopper Work Surfaces. Optional features including the Intelli-Sense Automatic Sash Position System, Chain and Sprocket, and Auto-Return Sash Systems are described. Standards related to hoods are also provided.
Webinar on Managing Lab Air with Chemical Fume Hoods
For many laboratories, managing air quality through engineered controls is essential for worker safety and comfort. However, with numerous options available for fume extraction and air purification, deciding on an engineered solution that best suits your lab’s current and future needs is not always straightforward.
As an attendee, you will learn more about:
- Types of fume hoods available and how they operate
- How to establish an effective and cost effective air quality solution
- Types of mechanical systems and ideal placement
Fume Hood Safety: Dos and DON'Ts
Don't be like Scooter! Learn how to safely and responsibly use your laboratory fume hood!
Fume Hoods Overview 2013
Meet Manny (ASHRAE 110 Testing)
Being an ASHRAE 110 testing mannequin is a dirty job, but some dummy's got to do it. Manny is just the guy for the job. Check out this video to get an idea of how we test our fume hoods to ensure they provide proper protection.
Protector XL Laboratory Hoods Manual
For catalog numbers: 1110, 1111, 1112, 1113, 1114, 1115, 1116, 1117 and 1118 series.
Intelli-Sash User Instruction Manual
Instruction for the use of the Intelli-Sash Automoatic Sash Position system available on Protector Fume Hoods.
Protector Premier and XL Laboratory Hoods Revit Model
This Revit model covers the 4', 5' and 6' Protector Premier and XL Benchtop Laboratory Hoods manufactured September, 2012 and after.
Installation Qualification/Operation Qualification
Installation Qualification/Operation Qualifications Protocol for Protector Series Laboratory Fume Hood
Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Hoods Specification
This specification covers 3', 4', 5', 6', 7' and 8' Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Hoods manufactured September, 2012 and after.
Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Fume Hoods Specifications
For 10', 12', and 16' Protector XL Benchtop Laboratory Fume Hoods.
Declarations of Conformity
CE Declaration of Conformity - Protector XL Fume Hoods
For 1113 Series, 1114 Series, 1115 Series, 1116 Series, 1117 Series, 1118 Series, 1110 Series, 1111 Series, and 1112 Series Protector XL Laboratory Fume Hoods