Protector PVC Perchloric Acid Laboratory Hoods feature washdown systems, integral work surfaces and drainage troughs so that they may be thoroughly rinsed after each use to prevent the accumulation of potentially reactive perchloric salts. Their liners of Type 1 unplasticized polyvinyl chloride are designed to withstand reaction from perchloric acid.
• SEFA 1-2002 (Laboratory Fume Hoods)
• NFPA 45-2000 (Fire Protection for Laboratories Using Chemicals) section 6-1 through 6-14
• ASTM E84-01 Surface Burning Characteristics of Building Materials
• ASHRAE 110-95 (Method of Testing Performance of Laboratory Fume Hoods)
• ANSI Z9.5-1993 (Laboratory Ventilation)
• UL 3101-1/61010-1
• CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 1010.1
• UL 1805
• By-pass airflow design
• Curved air foil allows air to sweep the work surface while Clean-Sweep™ openings pull inflow air from under the air foil.
• Glacier white, dry powder epoxy-coated steel exterior
• Heat-welded unplasticized PVC liner (30.0" interior depth) with integral work surface and drainage trough
• Black enamel-coated hardboard surface to support the integral work surface
• Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with frame of epoxy-coated aluminum and PVC (Protector PVC Perchloric Acid Laboratory Hoods)
• Lexan* polycarbonate vertical-rising sash with frame of epoxy-coated aluminum and PVC (Protector PVC Acid Digestion Laboratory Hoods)
• Removable front and side panels and front access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring
• Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting, light switch and blower switch for 115 volt, 60 Hz operation to single point internal junction box
• Built-in washdown system with internal piping and spray nozzles behind the baffle and remote control fixture on the left side
• Washdown port for connection to external wash rings (not included)
• Factory prepared for up to seven service fixtures including two gooseneck faucets
• Factory prepared for up to four electrical duplex receptacles
• 12.75" OD PVC exhaust connection(s)
• 4', 6', 8' widths
• Up to 8 service fixtures
• Gooseneck faucet for cold water
• Up to four electrical duplex receptacles
• Remote blowers
• Base Cabinets
• Adjustable Height Base Stands
Webinar on Managing Lab Air with Chemical Fume Hoods
For many laboratories, managing air quality through engineered controls is essential for worker safety and comfort. However, with numerous options available for fume extraction and air purification, deciding on an engineered solution that best suits your lab’s current and future needs is not always straightforward.
Fume Hood Safety: Dos and DON'Ts
Don't be like Scooter! Learn how to safely and responsibly use your laboratory fume hood!
Installation Qualification/Operation Qualifications Protocol for Protector Series Laboratory Fume Hood
For validation of predetermined Protector Series Laboratory Fume Hood specifications. Provides a checklist of installation and operation qualifications to complete when beginning operation on new or used Protector Series Laboratory Fume Hoods.