Posted on Tuesday, September 06, 2016, 10:43am
Location: Fort Scott, KS
Labconco is seeking an experienced professional Human Resources Assistant/Shipping Manager. This person will be responsible for managing the Fort Scott, KS Shipping, Receiving, and Warehouse departments (70% duties) and Human Resource functions (30% duties).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and arrange shipments with carriers, as well as combined facility orders for shipment.
- Manage customer owned inventory.
- Prepare and distribute reporting.
- Assist with Human Resource activities; recruiting, onboarding, new hire orientations, benefit liaison, coordinate training, participate in the activities and safety committee, promote our wellness and 401(k) auto enroll programs.
- Distribute performance management and compensation forms to appropriate managers.
- Confer with the Director of Human Resources on employee relations and workers’ compensation.
- Maintain and update ISO training files.
- Plan and manage goal luncheons.
- Proficient in email, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; ERP systems experience a plus.
- FMLA, COBRA, federal & state regulation knowledge required.
- PHR and/or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Ability to drive a forklift preferred.
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision and can interface effectively with all levels of staff in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Strong customer service focus with ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to a diverse audience.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, strong problem solving skills, organizational, multitasking and planning skills are a must.
- Work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce, leaders, outside companies and public agencies.
Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or six months to 1 year related experience. 1+ year HR Assistant experience.
Excellent benefits, profit sharing and career advancement opportunities...
How to apply:
Send email to email@example.com with:
- Salary History
- Include position in the subject line
Dir. of Human Resources
8811 Prospect Avenue
Kansas City, MO 64132
Labconco is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Find out more about Labconco: Capabilities Brochure.