Location: KC Location
Software Engineer with experience in object oriented coding (C or C+ preferred). Mid- level position with responsibility to learn embedded code and support product development and factory test software.
Responsible for making modifications, improvement and recommendations for change to the software design of new or updated products and the maintenance of existing products. Responsible for implementing product software features and resolving complex implementation issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, prototype, debug and document software designs using software engineering tools required to support new and existing products.
- Assist with the design and improve quality assurance tests to verify product performance.
- Interface with processor and software tool manufacturers to solve issues.
- Develop and implement feature lists and product user interface with the assistance of Product Engineers.
- Maintain the storage of product software/firmware files.
- Assist associates with products and their applications.
- Assist Manufacturing and Product Service with issues, as required.
- Remain current with software technology to support new products.
- Suggest and assist in the development of process and product improvements.
Perform other job duties as assigned by Management.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university in Computer Science or Software; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Object Oriented Programming (C or C++)
- Proficiency in State-Machine Design, Writing Peripheral Drivers (i.e. RTC, Temp, Motor Controllers, Sensors, WDT)
- Bare-metal experience (no OS) - mcu experience of ARM, PIC32, PSoC, AVR
Nice to Have Experience
- Operating Systems: FreeRTOS, Micrium, Azure RToS, etc.
- Motor Control/PWM experience
- Customer Bootloader development
- Communication Interfaces (for example: SPI, I2C, CAN, USB2 / USB3, Ethernet (10/100 Gig), RS-232, RS-485)
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.