Application Specialist (Laboratory Equipment)
Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is looking for an Application Specialist with strong scientific curiosity to join our team to provide high level scientific support to our dealers and customers. This person will serve as the primary resource for Labconco dealers and customers requiring technical information and scientific applications support on assigned product portfolio, as well as backup application support for all Labconco products and product lines.
- Work directly with customers, providing technical and application support for Labconco products. Also provide support for other groups including but not limited to: Labconco Customer Service, Field Representatives, and Inside Sales Representatives; and Inside/Outside Dealer Representatives.
- Understand applications and operation of assigned product portfolio.
- Provide training on products in assigned product portfolio, as needed.
- Bring competitive product information, product improvement suggestions and new product ideas to the attention of the Product Manager.
- Develop good working relationships with Product Engineers and Product Service Representatives who share products in assigned product portfolio and cross train on product operation/application knowledge.
- Advance Labconco's applications knowledge by authoring articles, case studies, and other items as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university with a focus on Life Sciences (Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or other applicable degree); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a biosafety cabinet preferred.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.