Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco has an opportunity for a Financial Analyst to join our team. This role will be responsible for functions of the accounting and budgetary process. Using established procedures, analyzes departmental fiscal data, programs and operations. Provides financial data by preparing and analyzing financial plans, forecasts and budgets.
- Analyze financial information to determine present and future financial performance. Identifies trends and recommends improvements accordingly.
- Apply fundamental fiscal concepts, prepares written and oral budgetary recommendations for implementation in department budgets.
- Assist departmental staff and other personnel in technical budgetary matters during budget meetings, finance meetings and general preparation of the budget.
- Prepare short and long range budgetary projections utilizing economic forecasting and financial analytic techniques to assess the impact of budget changes.
- Assist in developing the annual business plan and operating budget.
- Introduce incremental improvements to key reports to support the overall decision-making process of the business; ensure reporting capabilities evolve as business practices change and improve.
- Coordinate with all levels of management to gather, analyze, summarize and prepare recommendations regarding financial plans, trended future requirements, and operating forecasts.
- Provide analysis and recommend input for annual price changes. Responsible for communicating internally and with selected distributors.
- Perform LIFO inventory analysis and semi-annual standard costing updates.
- Maintain data and determine cost standards for all plant products; provides cost data for new and/or changed products and "specials".
- Assist with physical inventory and act as the primary contact for inventory reporting, analysis, and reconciliation.
- Work with IT and other departments to manage business data collection to ensure accuracy and integrity of data collected.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from a four year college or university; and two-five years of experience in a similar role. Manufacturing experience preferred.
PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.