Product Manager - Laboratory Equipment
Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is looking for a highly skilled Product Manager to join our growing team. We are a global manufacturer of laboratory equipment, with an opportunity for an experienced and scientifically inclined Product Manager whose primary responsibility will be for management and growth of Chemistry/Pharmaceutical/Life Science laboratory products. Ideally someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, and passion to create new products and improve existing products.
In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to work with well-known laboratory products, master their competitive landscape, and be able to identify key market opportunities for growth. This person will also serve as a technical resource to our diverse base of customers and distributors that require product selection, operation, and application support.
- Manage and grow existing product lines.
- Accountable for the success of the applicable product portfolio.
- Regularly review sales and market data to develop products, accessories, and promotional plans to achieve order and profitability goals.
- Analyzes market and customer usage information to ensure products meet changing market needs and lead necessary innovation and improvements.
- Identify and initiate business development activities with potential partners to grow product sales.
- Responsible for managing the marketing activities necessary to promote product portfolio including, but not limited to, development of sales and dealer support material (literature, application notes, online content, articles, webcasts, etc), annual marketing plans and attend tradeshows.
- Responsible for driving the development of new products, features, and redesign of existing products.
- Reviews company strategies, market opportunities and customer experience to create action plans for developing new products resulting in product line growth.
- Leads cross-functional teams to define and develop new product features and ensure that products features get to market per specifications.
- Builds internal relationships with engineering and manufacturing teams to drive implementation of new products and product improvements.
- Be a technical resource and subject matter expert to senior management, sales reps, industry players and key stakeholders in areas of expertise.
- Use field travel to build market, product, and competitive knowledge and to assist sales representatives or customers on technical information.
- Proactively identifies process and product improvements and then leads an internal cross functional team to implement these improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Scientific discipline with lab experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in or a combination of product marketing, product/program management, business development, or lab experience.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization required.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data to drive improvements, develop new products and define solutions.
- Experience leading projects requiring collaboration with internal and external resources that develop strategies and define and execute plans that meet established budget and timeline goals.
- Entrepreneur mindset with passion to create new products and improve existing products.
- Experience with the product development lifecycle preferred.
- Experience with freeze drying preferred.
- Travel requirements – up to 20%
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), Company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.
- Relocation package available to well-qualified candidate.