Junior System Administrator
Location: Kansas City, MO
The Junior System Administrator (Jr. SA) is responsible for first-line of User Support and functions as a main point of contact for business units into IT, acting as a conduit between the two organizations. Evaluates and coordinates users’ requests and works with the appropriate IT associate for resolution. Monitors console or terminal, storage devices, printers, system message and data transfer logs, and reports problems, error messages accordingly. The Jr. SA is responsible for monitoring the timely and accurate completion of the computer operations schedule and reports any variances. As new technologies (HW/SW) are introduced to users', Jr. SA will develop, coordinate, schedule, and conduct user training accordingly. Loads and operates peripheral equipment such as tapes and printer paper for operating runs. Maintains and supports various systems as directed, including various security administration functions such as creating users profiles and accounts, provides assistance in maintaining system/network/user security.
- Performs Help Desk duties by interviewing users to collect information about problems and leads user through standard procedures to determine whether the source of problem is caused by hardware, software, or operator error.
- Resolves user problems and satisfies user requests (for local, remote and/or mobile users); operate and maintain computer equipment including data entry, display stations, printers, data collection units, tape backups and various computer systems and software applications.
- Assist System Administrator with our Microsoft O365 Email and Office environment, our midrange IBM iSeries operating system message queue, monitor/manage user jobs to ensure timely accurate completion, and maintain and ensure completeness of our different automated job schedulers (Robot, iSeries and Cognos) for the daily, weekly, monthly and yearly computer job processing.
- Assist System Administrator as needed with maintaining and performing the daily computer operations schedule, perfoming data backups and restores, hardware and software upgrades, setting up new user profiles and data access, and resetting users’ passwords.
- Assist our Network Engineer II in establishing and maintaining network user profiles, troubleshooting and resolving network issues/problems and help applying appropriate patches and assist in maintaining system/network user security.
- Check system status of various systems and report any abnormal situations to IT Operations.
- As directed, purchase, setup, upgrade, maintain and troubleshoot computer equipment, peripheral devices, application software and operating systems.
- As new technologies (HW/SW) are introduced to users', will develop, coordinate, schedule, and conduct user training accordingly.
- Associates degree or IT certificates of completion; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.