Location: Kansas City, MO
Designs component parts and assemblies within cost objectives, makes and maintains drawings, parts lists, change orders and other technical documentation used by production in the manufacture of products. Must demonstrate the ability to work independently while achieving the goals of the assignments.
- Create accurate fabricated, purchased parts, sub-assembly and assembly drawings in a manner that will minimize inventory problems by using existing components and standardized hardware. Ensure that drawings are accurate and comply with existing standards.
- Prepare 3D models, layouts, design sketches and related materials used in the design of component parts and assemblies.
- Ensure all releases are in compliance with standards.
- Maintain electronic files as well as network directories in an organized manner and consistent with departmental procedures.
- Maintain an awareness of manufacturing techniques and capabilities.
- Communicate with all departments.
- Assist with problem solving involving Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales and/or Quality Assurance.
- Oversee work of Model Makers and Drafters as necessary to produce accurate 3D models, documentation and prototypes.
- Under supervision, modifies and issues Engineering Change Orders (ECO) to current products. Must recognize when part changes are critical to quality and take appropriate support measures to ensure a supply of parts to Manufacturing.
- Assist in prototype construction and testing new or revised products when requested.
- Assist other Engineers as requested to search and evaluate sources for purchased components and to monitor and compile standard cost data during product development phase.
- Prepare Engineering Deviation Authorizations (EDA), Early Alerts and process Engineering Change Requests (ECR) as required.
- Participate and communicate ideas in group settings.
- Assist in shop floor training, troubleshooting and initial production set up.
- Assist with preparation of Instruction Manuals and Test Procedures.
- Take a lead role in procuring parts, tools and supplies necessary to build and test new products.
- Bachelor's degree from four year college or university; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.