Model Shop Technician
Location: Kansas City, MO
Build prototype components and assemblies of redesigned and new products. Plans and schedules work for the Model Shop.
- Produce fabricated parts from engineering sketches or drawings. (Able to operate press brake, punch press, milling machine, manual lathe, roll form sheet metal, and MIG / TIG weld proficiently. Operate production clinch machine and other equipment as reasonably required in the prototype fabrication process.) Purchase parts or tools periodically.
- Assemble component parts into sub-assemblies and assemblies. Verify dimensional information on sketches and drawings.
- Maintain all Model Shop machines and equipment and ensure compliance with applicable safety requirements.
- Rework parts from Manufacturing when assigned.
- Obtain necessary training to safely operate all equipment in the Model Shop and Manufacturing area.
- Schedule assignments for the Model Shop as required.
- Recommend the purchase of tools, fixtures and equipment necessary to operate the Model Shop.
- Responsible for the cleanliness and overall appearance of Model Shop including assembly area.
- Assist Engineers and Test Technician with the set up of all hoods, ducts, and other equipment as required in the test facilities.
- Implement new product research and development processes as needed.
- One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.