Quality Assurance Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is looking for a Quality Assurance Specialist to join our team. This role is responsible for implementing and participating in all quality assurance and control programs, practices and procedures in support of established quality expectations and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Plans and conducts the analysis, inspection, design, test and/or integration to assure the quality of assigned product or components.
- Perform quality engineering reviews of design documentation for compliance with stated requirements, including vendor quality manuals and company quality records.
- Write control plans, work instructions, and SOPs.
- Applies statistical process control (SPC) methods for analyzing data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Reviews all purchased products or components and provides input to the decision of whether to accept the product and future purchases from the vendor.
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Prepares reports to communicate involvement and results of quality assurance audits.
- Directs technical administrative workers engaged in quality assurance audits.
- Contributes and participates in problem solving in the manufacturing process(es).
- Understanding of PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with EAP/QA systems.
- Ability to read prints, drawings, and bill of materials.
- Experienced with testing equipment such as, but not limited to, close tolerance gauges and multi-meters.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), Company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.