Product Manager - Lab Equipment
Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is looking for a highly skilled Product Manager to join our growing team. We are a global manufacturer of laboratory equipment, with an opportunity for an experienced and scientifically inclined Product Manager whose primary responsibility will be for management and growth of Chemistry/Pharmaceutical/Life Science laboratory products. In this unique role, you will have the opportunity to work with well-known laboratory products, master their competitive landscape, and be able to identify key market opportunities for growth. This person will also serve as a technical resource to our diverse base of customers and distributors that require product selection, operation, and application support.
- Reviews the company sales goals and customer experience and translates into a logically sequenced and optimized action plan. Develops the product and feature roadmap for area of expertise. Oversees and ensures adherence to the plan. Proactively identifies and resolves strategic issues and/or the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Develops detailed product features, requirements and implementation plans. Manages and oversees existing functionality of assigned area. Identifies the customer segments with strong growth potential and opportunities to innovate and improve, providing additional benefits to the customer and profitability/ROI to the organization. Gathers input to define product concepts. Develops strategy and implementation plans for growth. Oversees implementation of features within area. Accountable for end results of implemented strategies.
- Responsible for managing the marketing activities necessary to promote product portfolio including, but not limited to, development of sales support material (literature, application notes, online content, etc) dealer support materials (fliers, webcasts, articles, etc) promotions, annual marketing plans and other activities designed to support and enhance the positioning of the Labconco brand in the minds of customers and within the market overall.
- Regularly reviews sales and profit data, develops programs to increase sales to achieve plan.
- Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features. Coordinates among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that products features get to market per specifications.
- Develops and is accountable for the long - and short -term goals that directly impact the product portfolio.
- Defines and analyzes markets and customer usage information, and make product changes to meet the changing landscape. Evaluates technologies and identifies opportunities to innovate and improve.
- Builds a business case to justify expenditures for building, changing or investing in products.
- Support and initiate business development activities with potential partners in an effort to grow product sales.
- Identify, create, and pursue business development and market penetration opportunities for assigned product lines.
- Performs as SME and as consultant to senior management, sales reps, industry players and key stakeholders in area of expertise. Builds strong internal relationships with engineering and manufacturing leadership in order to drive implementation of new product features and strategies.
- Use field travel to build market, product and competitive knowledge and to assist sales representatives or customers on technical information.
- Travel requirements – up to 35%
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years’ experience in product management/ business management; life science experience preferred, but not required
- At least 6 years’ experience in product marketing, product/program management, business development, or management consulting
- Experience working with laminar flow products, such as biosafety cabinets, clean benches, aseptic isolators, or cleanrooms desirable.
- Experience with various life science instrumentation, e.g. liquid handlers, flow cytometers, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), cell culture etc. helpful.
- Familiarity with pharmacy compounding (sterile, non-sterile, inpatient, 503B, etc.) helpful.
- Experience working with the product development lifecycle.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Experience with analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, Medical, HSA, FSA, Dental, Vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), Company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.
- Relocation package available to well-qualified candidate.