Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is and will remain a mid-sized, privately-held company dedicated to building superior laboratory equipment. For more than 95 years, we have lead the industry by focusing on our quality, customers, and people. We take genuine pride in ensuring we are providing the best equipment and service we can, and that starts in our Manufacturing Areas!
This position is responsible for leading, coaching, directing and coordinating activities of the production departments. Responsibilities for these areas include but are not limited to schedule conformance, production efficiencies, quality, safety, housekeeping, and cost control. Understand working functionality of the processes, equipment and product within the department(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead, Supervise, plan, and coordinate production department managers and their associates to meet required production and schedules with high quality on-time parts and achieve optimum productivity of available resources (people, equipment, space, inventories and time).
- Daily review of all part shortages and deliveries. Understand how it will impact production and guide managers to adjust accordingly, resolve problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Coordinate and/or participate in planning and implementation of productivity, equipment or process improvement efforts. Manage and facilitate small group improvement team(s) for formal problem identification and resolution when needed.
- Develop or revise standard operations and working practices and observe associates to ensure compliance with standards. Mentor production department and Assistant Department Manager(s) as required.
- Create and maintain an open line of communication across all departments while supporting a positive work environment and helping meet production goals. Encourage, listen and respond to associates question or ideas; promote company philosophy of associate involvement in the decision making process in support of the overall company goals. Assist in the resolution of problems and communicate relevant information to Plant or Production Manager for action.
- Plan and manage the budgets required to effectively operate the department(s).
- Coordinate with HR in achieving ongoing organizational development by recruiting and hiring qualified candidates and helping them contribute, create and grow.
- Conduct Assistant and Department Managers performance reviews in a timely manner, when applicable, per Labconco policy and procedures and provides recommendations to VP of Manufacturing.
- Manage and facilitate training and educational opportunities for associates in order to support their continued growth.
- Collaborate with the Lean Facilitator to conduct Kaizen(improvement) events in all areas of assembly. Ensure area of responsibility maintains a tour ready appearance at all times, apply 5s Standards throughout assembly environment.
- Ensure department activities are completed safely, in accordance with the local union contract and compliance with regulatory agencies. Proactively promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Performs other job duties as assigned by Management.