Assembly Department Manager
Location: KC Location
Labconco is and will remain a mid-sized, privately-held company dedicated to building superior laboratory equipment. For more than 95 years, we have lead the industry by focusing on our quality, customers, and people. We take genuine pride in ensuring we are providing the best equipment and service we can, and that starts in our Production Areas!
We have experience substantial growth and are looking to increase our production management team. This position is responsible for leading production personnel by directing and coordinating activities of the department(s). Responsibilities for these areas include but are not limited to schedule conformance, production efficiencies, quality, safety, housekeeping, and cost control. Understand working functionality of the processes, equipment and product within the department.
- Supervise, plan, lead and coordinate personnel and production operations to meet required production and schedules with high quality on-time parts and achieve optimum productivity of available resources (people, equipment, space, inventories and time).
- Daily review of all part shortages and deliveries. Understand how it will affect the department(s), be able to adjust accordingly, resolve problems to ensure minimum cost and prevent operational delays.
- Coordinate and/or participate in planning and implementation of productivity, equipment or process improvement efforts. Manage and facilitate small group improvement team(s) for formal problem identification and resolution when needed.
- Develop or revise standard operations and working practices and observe associates to ensure compliance with standards.
- Create and maintain an open line of communication across all departments while supporting a positive work environment and helping meet production goals. Encourage, listen and respond to associates question or ideas; promote company philosophy of associate involvement in the decision making process in support of the overall company goals. Assist in the resolution of problems and communicate relevant information to Plant or Production Manager for action.
- Plan and manage the budget required to effectively operate the department(s).
- Coordinate with the Plant or Production Manager in achieving ongoing organizational development by recruiting and hiring qualified candidates and helping them contribute, create and grow.
- Conduct associate performance reviews, if applicable, per Labconco policy and procedures and provides recommendations to Plant or Production Manager.
- Manage and facilitate training and educational opportunities for associates in order to support their continued growth.
- Ensure area of responsibility maintains good housekeeping and organization.
- Ensure department activities are completed safely and comply with regulatory agencies. Proactively promote and maintain a safe working environment.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5-10 years of management experience within a production environment, or an Associate's degree with a minimum of 7-12 years of management experience in a production environment. In lieu of a degree, at least 10-15 years of applicable production leadership would be required.
- Experience in production leadership leading a team of 15+ people.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.