Location: Fort Scott, KS
Labconco Corporation, a worldwide manufacturer of laboratory equipment, is seeking an experienced Machine Operator to setup and run metal fabrication machinery including turret, drill press, clinch press, deburring and finishing equipment as well as use of hand and power tools.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Setup and run without assistance limited machinery in the metal fabrication shop.
- Have knowledge of metal types and how it relates to the fabrication processes being performed.
- Read and understand blueprints, sketches, and other written instructions, etc.
- Accurately use all measuring devices in metal fabrication shop.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of above to the production of all parts (including rework, components for specials and customs) to result in finished part meeting specifications.
- Exercise good judgment in the selection of tools, materials and equipment to be used in the production operation.
- Help fellow employees in problem identification and resolution.
Qualified candidates should have the following:
- 1+ year’s previous machine operation experience working with cold rolled and stainless steel, preferably.
- Experience running a turret press a plus.
- Ability to understand the product flow while maintaining the production of quality product.
- Be highly motivated with a strong work ethic, dependability and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively, professionally and tactfully with a diverse workforce.
- Ability to be flexible, handle pressure and stressful situations in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively will all levels of personnel.
Monday – Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, dental, vision, 401k, company paid life insurance; short term and long term disability