Location: Kansas City, MO
Labconco is and will remain a mid-sized, privately-held company dedicated to building superior laboratory equipment. For more than 95 years, we have lead the industry by focusing on our quality, customers, and people. We take genuine pride in ensuring we are providing the best equipment and service we can.
This position is responsible for source selection and procurement functions directly associated with the Company's needs for indirect materials and services, fixed assets and tooling, and select production materials and services. Ensure products and services are to be secured at cost quality and delivery competitive levels consistent with Company policy and performance standards. Further responsible for the timely planning, scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products and services assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate purchase orders and amendments for parts, services and/or special tools; arranges for submission and inspeciton of sample products as required; close coordination with Schedulers to assure timely receipt of product to support production.
- Secure and analyze quotations; negotiate prices and terms with suppliers; and select/qualify suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness.
- Develop relationships with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics, inventory control and management, negotiate prices and delivery terms. Visit suppliers as needed and perform continuous supplier quality reviews.
- Process Rejected Material Reports (RMR).
- Implement Engineering Change Orders (ECO) revision changes.
- Communicate, as appropriate, quality matters and engineering changes with suppliers.
- Maintain a sense of urgency especially when unplanned events arise.
- Assist in execution of annual physical inventory.
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of related experience.
- PTO, 9 paid holidays, medical, FSA, HSA, dental, vision, 401k (Traditional and Roth), company paid life insurance, LTD & STD.