Available in 4- or 25-place models, Rapid Digestors have an individual ceramic block heater module for each tube for efficient, uniform heat transfer. Unlike aluminum block designs, Labconco's ceramic modules have virtually the same coefficient of heat expansion as the digestion tube for rapid destruction of organic materials and fast digestions. Digestion times range from 25 to 45 minutes depending on the sample type and catalyst. Each ceramic heater is insulated on all four sides as well as the bottom to prevent heat loss and reduce external housing temperature.
The RapidStill II provides the ideal companion for the Rapid Digestors.
- Individual ceramic heater modules molded for precise fit and maximum direct heat transfer to digestion tubes
- RTD platinum sensor encased in ceramic detects internal temperature, signaling the control for uniform temperature control.
- Monitoring system has red lights that blink when preset temperature is reached. The Rapid Digestor-4 has one light. The Rapid Digestor-25 has 5 lights — one for each bank of five heaters.
- Energy efficient 1" thick insulation board surrounding each ceramic heater
- Separate solid-state controller, factory-calibrated with stepless temperature control from ambient to 450° C
- Triac control to maintain specific temperature to ±0.5% over entire operating range even with line-voltage fluctuations of 10% and ambient temperature range of 10° to 40° C
- Convenient aluminum alloy carrier rack with heat shields to hold glassware in place for easy handling, loading and washing
- Full one year warranty
- 4-place and 25-place models
- Digestion tubes
- Fume removal system
- Fume hood is strongly recommended.
- Laboratory Carts and Benches
Rapid Digestor Fume Removal System Manual (1999 - 2013)
For catalog numbers: 2350020, 2350025, 2354000