Find information on pre-2010 Protector Combination Glove Boxes, which are now discontinued.
Protector Combination Glove Boxes provide an enclosed environment for handling both hazardous substances and atmosphere-sensitive materials. These glove boxes have a HEPA inlet filter to provide a particulate-free internal environment. Closure of two internal valves converts the box to a controlled atmosphere glove box that can be pressurized up to ±5 inches water gauge achieving a leak-tight inert atmosphere. When atmosphere-sensitive procedures are complete, opening the two internal valves allows air from inside the box to pass through a HEPA outlet filter and optional second HEPA or carbon outlet filter before exhausting via ductwork to the outside. The physical barrier and filtration system of these boxes protect the user from exposure to hazardous materials.
• Two internal valves open and close to convert the glove box from a flow-through filtered box to a leak-tight inert atmosphere box.
• Laminated safety glass viewing window with one-piece, molded neoprene gasket seal
• One-piece molded neoprene gasket seals the glass to the liner and provides a leak-tight interior atmosphere.
• Two interior electrical receptacles separately controlled by individual switches on the front panel
• Neoprene gloves, size 9 3/4", are included.
• Comfortable, 8" diameter glove ports
• 30-watt fluorescent lamp provides interior lighting.
• Epoxy-coated steel exterior
• Large transfer chamber allows easy transfer of materials between the laboratory and box while maintaining an established glove box environment.
• Space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors
• High efficiency polyester prefilter lengthens the life of the inlet HEPA filter by trapping large particles.
• Inlet and outlet HEPA filter, 99.99% efficient on particulates 0.3 micron in diameter, prevent contaminants from entering or leaving the glove box chamber.
• Built-in blower permits the box's interior atmosphere to be vented to the outside.
• 3” square collar allows connection to ducting system.
• Blower speed control allows the operator to adjust the speed of the built-in blower to vary the volume of airflow through the glove box while varying the internal negative pressure.
• Pressure gauges on the control panel enable the operator to constantly monitor pressures in the glove box and transfer chamber. When internal valves are open, the glove box pressure gauge also indicates HEPA filter loading.
• Control switches for the fluorescent lamp and interior electrical receptacles are conveniently located on the control panel.
• Easy access circuit breakers, located on the back of the box, provide over-current protection to the interior and exterior outlet circuits.
• Pressure relief bubbler helps protect against accidental over- or under-pressurization.
• Factory-tested with a helium mass spectrometer while pressurized with helium at 5" water gauge.
• Exterior electrical outlet for connection of accessory vacuum pump
• Four convenient manual valves control the gas input and exhaust of both the glove box and transfer chamber.
• ETL listed (115 volt models)
• CE Conformity (230 volt models
• Chemical resistant, one-piece molded fiberglass or stainless steel liner
• International electrical configuration
• Pressure Control Module with automatic pressure controller for establishing pressure range limits from -6" to +6" water gauge, audible alarm to alert you of pressures outside range limits, and pressure control foot pedal for adjusting operating pressure without removing hands from box.
• Purge/Fill Control Module with purge/fill controller for automatically regulating evacuation and backfill of the transfer chamber. Number of purge/fill cycles, level of vacuum achieved at each purge cycle and backfill gas source may be selected for manual or automatic operation.
• AtmosPure® Regenerative Drying Train, self-contained automatic system for maintaining a moisture and oxygen-free environment within the box by continuously circulating the box atmosphere through a gas purifier. The gas purifier uses a moisture adsorbant and oxygen scavenger to maintain the environment. The drying train has an automatic regeneration system. Contact Labconco for ordering information.
• Factory-installed polycarbonate viewing window. Contact Labconco for ordering information.
• Factory-installed mini transfer chamber for transferring small items into the box. Contact Labconco for ordering information.
• Factory-installed transfer tray for easy loading into the glove box. Contact Labconco for ordering information.
• Double glove boxes with 81.84” of interior working width. Contact Labconco for ordering information.
• Adjustable Height Base Stands
• Rotary Vane Direct Drive Vacuum Pump
• Carbon Exhaust Filter
• Drying Trains
• Exterior Glove Port Cover
• Gloves and Glove Box Accessories
• HEPA Inlet or Exhaust Filter
• Interior Glove Port Cover
• Interior Shelves
• Vacuum and Gas Connection Kits