Precise HEPA-Filtered Glove Boxes have inlet and outlet HEPA filters and provide a leak-tight physical barrier to protect the operator from hazardous airborne particulates and powders. These boxes have uses in pharmaceutical research, nanotechnology and biochemistry. Microorganisms, low-level radiochemicals, chemical carcinogens and asbestos may also be used in these boxes.
These boxes may be used for cleanroom applications requiring ISO Class 3 (ISO 14644-1) conditions. Labconco HEPA Filtered Glove Boxes may be appropriate for use as containment isolators for applications involving compounds assigned ISO 4 and ISO 5 Banding Levels. Contact your Health and Safety Officer for specific Engineered Containment Device requirements.
• One-piece molded, medium-density polyethylene shell. Labconco recommends this website for a comprehensive listing of chemical resistance data for polyethylene.
• Dry powder epoxy-coated steel superstructure
• 1/4" thick laminated safety glass viewing window, 26.4" wide x 12.5" high, removable for loading equipment, with powder-coated steel frame and neoprene gasket
• Space-saving inner and outer transfer chamber doors that pivot upward, are counterbalanced and equipped with quick-latches
• Black, chemical-resistant work surface sealed to the glove box floor
• Interior ceiling-mounted electrical duplex receptacle with 5 amp maximum circuit load
• Neoprene gloves, size 9 3/4", are included.
• Built-in blower with speed control capable of airflow from 13 CFM to 75 CFM.
• Fluorescent lamp, 22 watts, with easy replacement from the top
• Switches for light, blower and innermost interior electrical receptacle
• Inlet and outlet HEPA filters, 99.99% efficient on 0.3 micron particulates
• Test port for challenging HEPA filter integrity
• Main chamber static pressure gauge for monitoring HEPA filter loading.
• Approximately 13 cubic feet of interior space in main chamber
• 11.0" nominal ID x 12.0" long transfer chamber
• Factory leak tested with a mass spectrometer while glove box is pressurized with helium at 5 inches of water gauge.
• No detectable leaks greater than 1 x 10(-3) ml/sec
• Meet Class 1 atmosphere containment conditions for oxygen leak rates per ISO 10648-2 test method
• Transfer chamber interior interlocking shelf of dry powder epoxy-coated steel
• 0.05 ppm average tracer gas levels or less detected during perimeter scan testing (surpasses ASHRAE 110 standards)
• Airborne particulate cleanliness (measured under positive and negative pressures per ISO 14644-1 test method) exceeds ISO Class 5 conditions (equivalent to Class 100) and achieved ISO Class 3 conditions (equivalent to Class 1) at both minimum and maximum operational airflow volumes
• Vibration less than 1.5 x 10(-5) inches displacement measured at the work surface at both minimum and maximum airflow volumes
• ETL listed (115 volt models)
• CE Conformity (230 volt models)
• International electrical configurations
• Adjustable Height Base Stands
• Base Cabinet
• Work Surface
For validation of predetermined Precise HEPA Filtered Glove Box and Precise XPert Weigh Glove Box. Provides a checklist of installation and operation qualifications to complete when beginning operation on new or used Precise HEPA Filtered Glove Box and Precise XPert Weigh Glove Box.