Combination Hooded Kjeldahl Apparatus
Open Combination and Hooded Combination Kjeldahl units have digestion and distillation components for nitrogen determination in one space-saving apparatus.
Open Combination Kjeldahl units are supported by a sturdy, tubular steel framework, with the distillation apparatus mounted above the digestion portion. Models are available with the capacity to digest and distill up to 12 samples at a time.
Hooded Combination Kjeldahl units enclose the distillation and digestion apparatus so that process heat may be contained and vented from the laboratory. The hood surrounding the apparatus includes three collars: one for remotely-located exhaust blower connection, one for acid fume exhaust manifold connection, and one for auxiliary-air blower inlet connection. Models are available that digest and distill up to 18 samples at one time.
Kjeldahl units require a remote blower to exhaust fumes.
- Distillation manifold with seamless stainless steel tubing. No fittings or gaskets are required eliminating a potential leak source.
- Counterflow heat exchanger controls back pressure and maximizes the rate of distillation for uniformity of results.
- Remote-control flow valve allows cooling water volume adjustment.
- Easy-to-read temperature gauge located on the water outlet
- One-piece borosilicate glass connecting bulbs separate liquid from vapors prior to the vapors entering the condenser and effectively traps caustic mist that may carry over to the recovery solution.
- One-piece borosilicate glass delivery tubes with long necks, round bottoms and thick walls to help eliminate pressure fluctuations in the distillation phase.
- Electric distillation and digestion heaters with curved ceramic bases to cradle 500 or 800 ml Kjeldahl digestion flasks.
- Individual infinite-control knobs for electric heaters with variable input from 20-100% capacity
- Chemical-resistant CPVC fume manifold with heat-resistant PTFE nipples that draw chemical fumes from the digestion flasks.
- Full one year warranty
- Open Combination Units in 6-place and 12-place models
- Hooded Combination Units in 6-place, 12-place and 18-place models. Hooded models feature epoxy-coated steel construction reinforced with tubular steel and tempered safety glass, horizontal-sliding sashes. Three collars are provided for connection to remotely-located acid fume and hood heat exhaust blower and optional auxiliary-air blower.
- Various electrical configurations
- Kjeldahl digestion flasks
- Remote exhaust blower
- Auxiliary-air blower (Hooded models only)
- Laboratory Carts and Benches