CApture Portable Fuming Systems
The CApture Portable Fuming System quickly fixes latent fingerprints at the crime scene using microburst or traditional CA (cyanoacrylate) fuming methods, while protecting the user from hazardous fumes.
Its patented design combines all the components needed in one compact system: a heater to heat the Super Glue; a shatter-resistant, clear protective fuming chamber to contain the fumes as they react with the latent prints; an exhaust blower; and particulate/carbon exhaust filter. No ducting is required for this fuming chamber. Since prints may be easily developed at the scene, irrelevant evidence may be ruled out, thus saving valuable laboratory processing time and storage space.
- Patent-pending, collapsible design
- Clear, polycarbonate fuming chamber, interior dimensions: 8.0” (20 cm) w x 8.0” (20 cm) d x 16.0” (41 cm) high
- Heater with microprocessor-control in one degree increments between 120° to 350° F (50 to 177° C). Temperature of the heater stabilizes at the set point (15° F) within 3 to 5 minutes
- Two heater receptacles with heater door to accommodate heater pans. Ten aluminum heater pans are included.
- Stainless steel support manifold with three control slide slots and perforations for attaching a shelf and hook
- Stainless steel hook, shelf and perforated tray
- Control panel with LCD for displaying set point or actual heater temperature and “Up,” “Down,” and “Set” buttons for programming set point temperature
- Three-way heater/off/vent switch
- Rear-mounted main power switch/circuit breaker
- Leveling foot with locking pin
- Powder-coated steel housing
- Built-in exhaust blower
- Particulate/activated carbon filter cartridge with MERV 11 rating and capacity for 100 development cycles
- ETL listed (Model 342000)
- 6’ (1.8 meters) power cord with plug
- Actual weight 24 lbs. (10.9 kg)
- Shipping weight 30 lbs. (13.6 kg
International electrical configurations
Forensic Enclosures Catalog
Contains features and benefits, dimensional data, accessory information, specifications and ordering information on the complete line of Forensic Enclosures, including CApture Portable Fuming Systems, Protector Evidence Drying Cabinets and Protector Downdraft Powder Stations.
Labconco CApture Portable Fuming Systems
The CApture Portable Fuming System quickly fixes latent fingerprints at the crime scene using microburst or traditional CA fuming methods, while protecting the user from hazardous fumes.
CApture Portable Fuming Systems Manual
ETL Authorization Mark for forensic items
This document from Intertek authorizes the use of the ETL mark on Protector Downdraft Powder Stations and CApture Portable Fuming Systems.
Declarations of Conformity
CE Declaration of Conformity - Forensic
Declaration of Conformity for applicable models of Protector Evidence Drying Cabinets, Protector Downdraft Powder Stations and CApture Portable Fuming Systems
Safety Data Sheets
Lithium Polymer Batteries SDS
Safety Data Sheet for Lithium Ion Polymer rechargable batteries used in CApture Field Power Kits.