Purifier Logic+ Class II, Type B2 Biosafety Cabinets provide personnel, product and environmental protection from hazardous particulates such as agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment. Other appropriate applications include work with antineoplastic drugs, genetic material, asbestos and additional substances that generate hazardous airborne particulates. All models are NSF-Listed.
These biological safety cabinets are designed to be hard ducted to the outside. During operation, room air is drawn into the top of the cabinet and through a supply HEPA filter. This filtered air flows downward through the work area. Room air is also drawn into the inlet grille located at the work access opening. All of the contaminated air passes through the exhaust HEPA filter. A dedicated exhaust system and remote blower discharge 100% of the filtered exhaust air from the laboratory. Since none of the air is recirculated, these biohazard cabinets may be used for work with agents treated with volatile toxic chemicals and radionuclides.
All Type B2 Biosafety Cabinets rely on external blowers (usually on the roof of a building) to exhaust 100% of the air entering the cabinet. If the building exhaust blower fails or is mistakenly turned OFF, the cabinet will become pressurized, resulting in contaminated air flowing from the work area into the laboratory. Perform a risk assessment regarding the type of work to be performed in the cabinet if there is an unintended loss of exhaust air. Consider a Class II, Type C1 BSC for greater protection.
• Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM)
• Constant Airflow Profile™ (CAP) Technology airflow monitoring system that communicates with the ECM to deliver the precise volume of air as required and automatically adjust as filters load without relying on airflow sensors
• Air-Wave™ Entry System
• Contain-Air™ Negative Pressure Channel
• Smart-Start™ System that allows the user to program start up and shut down operations
• Built-in interval or elapsed timer for experiment monitoring, fluorescent light or UV light control (on models with UV light)
• Digital clock
• Removable towel catch located under work surface
• Bright, 90-100 footcandle, glare-free fluorescent lighting located outside the contaminated work area
• Five year warranty
• LCD information center with “Filter Life Remaining” bar graph, status line for alarm conditions and alerts to warn when filter life diminishes to 20% and 0%
• Electronic security lock (optional activation) that requires code to operate the cabinet
• Two electrical duplex receptacles, (single outlets on 230 volt models), located one on each side, with ground fault interruption (115 volt models)
• Intrinsically safe negative pressure design
• Fully-closing, clear 1/4" tempered safety glass sash with 8" (20cm) working height opening
• Stainless steel inlet grille with Reserve-Air™ Secondary Airflow Slots*
• Supply and exhaust 99.99% efficient HEPA filters. Contact Labconco for optional 99.999% efficient ULPA filters.
• Leak-tight stainless steel interior
• Interior-mounted, line-of-sight, full color LCD information center with easy-to-understand MyLogic™ OS
• 21.7" (54 cm) maximum sash opening height and 27.0" (69 cm) viewing height
• Curved inlet grille for forearm support
• Flush-mounted stainless steel electrical receptacle covers with dampened hinges
• Removable, seamless type 304 stainless steel, dished work surface with lift out knobs
• 10° Angled sash with counterbalanced, anti-racking mechanism for ease of lifting
• ADA-compliant touchpad control on right-hand side post for manual activation of blower, light(s), timer, electrical receptacles, audible alarm mute and menu selection
• Noise level < 63 dBA
• Heat load 990 BTU/hour (4' models)
• Nominal inflow velocity of 105 feet per minute (fpm) (0.5 m/sec)
• Nominal downflow velocity of 55 fpm (0.3 m/sec)
• 0% air recirculation
• Powder-coated steel exterior
• NSF International listed
• ETL listed
• CE conformity marking (230 volt models)
• Class 5 conditions per ISO 14644-1 and 2 (formerly Class 100)
• Overall depth x height: 31.2" x 61.7" (79.2 x 156.7 cm)
• 10" diameter exhaust outlet with air-tight damper
• 10' (3 m) power cord with plug
Options (available on some models)
• 4'and 6' widths
• International electrical configurations
• Non-welded, NSF-Approved, powder-coated steel telescoping base stand with fixed feet
• Accessory Package: 254 nm UV lamp, ADA-compliant service fixture(s) with ball-type valve(s), and NSF-Approved Vacu-Pass™ Cord & Cable Portal
• Supporting base if non-welded stand option is not selected
Brian Garrett feels a deep obligation to provide biosafety equipment that is "as bullet proof as possible" for the protection of the scientists and researchers on the front lines. Every day they make new discoveries and defend us against new risks, new agents and new threats to our health.
This video shows the airflow pattern through a Purifier Logic+ Class II, Type B2 Biosafety Cabinet.
If you are involved in planning for laboratories, safety or management, you need to attend this webinar. Laboratories expose themselves to wasteful spending and allow unnecessary safety risks to persist.