Purifier Cell Logic+ Class II, Type A2 Biosafety Cabinets provide personnel, product and environmental protection from hazardous particulates such as agents that require Biosafety Level 1, 2 or 3 containment. Other appropriate applications include work with antineoplastic drugs, genetic material, asbestos and additional substances that generate hazardous airborne particulates. All models are NSF compliant.
These biological safety cabinets are designed to discharge HEPA-filtered exhaust air directly into the laboratory, or into an exhaust system through the optional Canopy Connection. When canopy-connected, the biosafety cabinets may be used for applications involving minute quantities of volatile toxic chemicals and tracer amounts of radionuclides as an adjunct to microbiological research.
During operation, room air is drawn into the inlet grill. The air in the plenum beneath the work surface is a mixture of unfiltered room airand air that has just passed through the work area. This contaminated air is drawn by the blower through the back plenum of the cabinet, where approximately 70% of the air is recirculated through the supply HEPA filter and back over the work area. The balance of the contaminated air is discharged to the environment after passing through the exhaust HEPA filter.
• Electronically Commutated Motor (ECM)
• Constant Airflow Profile™ (CAP) Technology airflow monitoring system that communicates with the ECM to deliver the precise volume of air as required and automatically adjust as filters load without relying on airflow sensors
• Air-Wave™ Entry System
• Contain-Air™ Negative Pressure Channel
• Smart-Start™ System that allows the user to program start up and shut down operations
• Night-Smart™ System that idles the blower when the sash is fully closed
• Built-in interval or elapsed timer for experiment monitoring, fluorescent light or UV light control (on models with UV light)
• Digital clock
• Removable towel catch located under work surface
• Bright, 90-100 footcandle, glare-free fluorescent lighting located outside the contaminated work area
• Five year warranty
• LCD information center with “Filter Life Remaining” bar graph, status line for alarm conditions and alerts to warn when filter life diminishes to 20% and 0%
• Electronic security lock (optional activation) that requires code to operate the cabinet
• Two electrical duplex receptacles, (single outlets on 230 volt models), located one on each side, with ground fault interruption (115 volt models)
• Intrinsically safe negative pressure design
• Fully-closing, clear 1/4" tempered safety glass sash
• Stainless steel inlet grille with Reserve-Air™ Secondary Airflow Slots
• Supply and exhaust 99.99% efficient HEPA filters. Contact Labconco for optional 99.999% efficient ULPA filters.
• Leak-tight stainless steel interior
• Interior-mounted, line-of-sight, full color LCD information center with easy-to-understand MyLogic™ OS
• 21.7" (54 cm) maximum sash opening height and 27.0" (69 cm) viewing height
• Curved inlet grille for forearm support
• Flush-mounted stainless steel electrical receptacle covers with dampened hinges
• Removable, seamless type 304 stainless steel, dished work surface with lift out knobs
• 10° Angled sash with counterbalanced, anti-racking mechanism for ease of lifting
• ADA-compliant touchpad control on right-hand side post for manual activation of blower, light(s), timer, electrical receptacles, audible alarm mute and menu selection
• Noise level < 63 dBA
• Heat load 990 BTU/hour (4' models)
• Nominal inflow velocity of 105 feet per minute (fpm) (0.5 m/sec)
• Nominal downflow velocity of 55 fpm (0.3 m/sec)
• Approximately 70% air recirculation
• Powder-coated steel exterior
• NSF International and modified ASHRAE 110 compliant
• ETL listed
• CE conformity marking (230 volt models)
• Class 5 conditions per ISO 14644-1 and 2 (formerly Class 100)
• Overall depth x height: 31.2" x 61.7" (79.2 x 156.7 cm)
• 10' (3 m) power cord with plug
Options (available on some models)
• 3', 4', 5' and 6' widths
• International electrical configurations
• Non-welded, NSF-Approved, powder-coated steel telescoping base stand with fixed feet
• Cell Logic+ Packages: Scope-Ready™ Package consisting of 7.0" wide x 10.5" high (18 x 27 cm) sash cutout and Pure-Vu™ Seal with powder-coated steel collar. Stand-Still™ Isolation Platform is required and sold separately. Temp-Zone™ Package consisting of temperature-controlled work area, 10.5" wide x 12.0" deep (27 x 30 cm) located on the left side of the work surface. Circulator is required (not included). Circulator requirements: minimum flow rate of 0.4-0.5 GPM (1.5-1.9 LPM), typical volume of 6 liters, and temperature of 0-50° C (chiller/heater).
• Accessory Package: 254 nm UV lamp (not included on Scope-Ready models), ADA-compliant service fixture(s) with ball-type valve(s), and NSF-Approved Vacu-Pass™ Cord & Cable Portal
• Supporting base if non-welded stand option is not selected
Brian Garrett feels a deep obligation to provide biosafety equipment that is "as bullet proof as possible" for the protection of the scientists and researchers on the front lines. Every day they make new discoveries and defend us against new risks, new agents and new threats to our health.
This video shows the airflow pattern through a Purifier Logic+ Class II, Type A2 Biosafety Cabinet.
If you are involved in planning for laboratories, safety or management, you need to attend this webinar. Laboratories expose themselves to wasteful spending and allow unnecessary safety risks to persist.