• Two pre-plumbed service fixtures with forged brass valves, lower right side with brass tubing for gas and lower left side with copper tubing for cold water. Components for converting either or both fixtures to air and vacuum are provided. Inlet tubing is not provided.
Protector Premier Laboratory Hoods incorporate a sleek interior with a molded one-piece fiberglass liner, the signature feature of Labconco’s leading line of fume hoods since 1961. The one-piece liner of specially-formulated, fiberglass-reinforced polyester offers corrosion and fire resistance and easy clean up. Without seams, the interior has fewer points of deterioration for longer life.
These hoods are suitable for providing personal protection needed for general chemistry applications involving fumes and vapors. They meet the SEFA-1 standard of a low velocity, high performance hood and may be safely operated as low as 60 fpm. Choose from hoods designed to be used with a remotely-located blower or hoods that include a built-in blower — the only high performance hood with built-in blower available anywhere. Explosion-proof hoods with built-in blower are available for laboratories with potentially explosive/flammable atmospheres (Class 1 Div I or II).
• Eco-Foil™ Air Foil reduces energy consumption by 7-10% compared to flat air foils while its aerodynamic curve allows air to sweep the work surface for maximum containment. Clean-Sweep™ openings pull inflow air from under the air foil forcing air into non-turbulent air streams.
• Cord-Keeper™ Slots on left and right side of air foil keep electrical cords out of the way.
• Glacier white powder-coated steel exterior is durable and corrosion-resistant.
• One-piece molded fiberglass liner and pre-set baffle(s) with flame spread less than 25 per ASTM E-84.**
• Tempered safety glass vertical-rising sash with powder-coated sash handle and Clean-Sweep™ openings.
• 37.5" (95.3 cm) high sightline from the work surface to header panel allows taller users comfortable viewing while standing.
• Removable front and side panels, and front service access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring.
• Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting with vapor-proof design and ADA-compliant light and blower switches.
• Molded fiberglass 12.81" ID exhaust connection(s).
Required Accessories (not included)
• Remote blower (except for built-in blower models)
• SpillStopper™ Work Surface
• Base Cabinet or Stand
Optional Accessories (not included)
• Service Fixture Kits (some models include service fixtures)
• Electrical Duplex Kits (some models include electrical duplex)
• Airflow monitors
• Distillation grids
• Sash stops
• Snuffer Fire Extinguisher
• Ceiling enclosures
• Rear finish panels
For many laboratories, managing air quality through engineered controls is essential for worker safety and comfort. However, with numerous options available for fume extraction and air purification, deciding on an engineered solution that best suits your lab’s current and future needs is not always straightforward.
Don't be like Scooter! Learn how to safely and responsibly use your laboratory fume hood!
Being an ASHRAE 110 testing mannequin is a dirty job, but some dummy's got to do it. Manny is just the guy for the job. Check out this video to get an idea of how we test our fume hoods to ensure they provide proper protection.