Protector Pass-Through Laboratory Hoods offer sashes on two sides allowing operation on either side of the fume hood. An audible alarm sounds to prevent simultaneous opening of both sashes. With unobstructed visibility from either side, this hood is ideal for conducting chemistry demonstrations. An optional right-side or left-side viewing window further enhances visibility. These hoods may also be installed in the wall between two rooms for sample preparation.
• By-pass airflow design and by-pass blocks, one for each sash.
• Glacier white powder-coated steel and aluminum exterior.
• Powder-coated steel Eco-Foil™ air foil with Clean-Sweep™ airflow openings.*
• Cord-Keeper™ slots on left and right side of air foil.
• Chemical-resistant molded composite panel interior sides and pre-set baffle with flame spread less than 25 per ASTM E-84.
• Powder-coated aluminum sash handle with Clean-Sweep™ openings and Clean-Sweep™ slots on the powder-coated steel sash tracks.*
• Two tempered safety glass vertical-rising sashes with cable pulleys and sash stops mounted at 25" (63.5 cm) opening height.
• 37.5" (95.3 cm) high sightline from the work surface to the header panel.
• Audible alarm that sounds when both sashes are open at the same time.
• Removable front and side panels and front access panels for access to plumbing and electrical wiring.
• Pre-wired T8 fluorescent lighting with vapor-proof design, one on each side and ADA-compliant light and blower switches on the front side.
• Factory prepared for up to eight service fixtures, four on each side.
• Powder-coated stainless steel 12.81" ID exhaust connection
Features (Side window models)
• Right or left side-mounted tempered safety glass window, 14.9" x 23.9" (37.8 x 60.7 cm)
Required Accessories (not included)
• Remote blower
• Work surface
• Base cabinet or stand
Optional Accessories (not included)
• Service Fixture Kits (some models include service fixtures)
• Electrical Duplex Kits (some models include electrical duplex)
• Airflow Monitor Kits
For many laboratories, managing air quality through engineered controls is essential for worker safety and comfort. However, with numerous options available for fume extraction and air purification, deciding on an engineered solution that best suits your lab’s current and future needs is not always straightforward.
Don't be like Scooter! Learn how to safely and responsibly use your laboratory fume hood!