All models feature:
• Low profile fume hood and particulate enclosure provides user protection by keeping powders and fumes contained during light-duty, fume-generating or weighing procedures.
• Deep 23" interior easily accommodates a variety of apparatus including large balances.
• Patented Clean-Sweep™ air foil allows air to sweep the work surface for maximum containment. Airflow openings pull inflow air from under the air foil so that clean air continually flows over the air foil creating a constant barrier of protection from contaminants.
• Upper containment sash foil bleeds air into the enclosure to direct concentrations of contaminants away from the operator's breathing zone.
• Upper dilution air supply introduces room air at the top of the sash to dilute concentrations in the upper chamber and bathes the back of the sash with clean air.
• Patented rear baffle with zones of perforations promotes horizontal laminar airflow to maximize containment.
• Side-entry air foils allow air to sweep across the interior glass surfaces to enhance containment.
• Sturdy glacier white and gray, dry powder epoxy-coated aluminum frame and steel rear plenum and baffle dissipate static charge and provide excellent stability and better corrosion resistance compared to acrylic models. No unreliable plastic-to-plastic bonding is used.
• Tempered safety glass front sash, sides and top offer excellent visibility, ambient light and protection. Glass provides improved fire, scratch and corrosion resistance than acrylic and dissipates static charge.
• 8", 10" or 12" high sash opening depending on the model. Limits exhaust demand, conserves costly tempered room air and requires a smaller remote blower than most fume hoods. Models with 8.0 sash opening height have 16.5" locking height and 19.0" maximum loading height. Models with 10.0" or 12.0" sash opening height have 25.75" locking height and 28.25" maximum loading height.
• Ergonomic angled sash allows a closer view, reduces glare and provides a more comfortable operating position than vertical sashes.
• Two utility ports with iris openings allow passage of tubing, electrical cords and interface cables from inside to back exterior for connection to services.
• Flexible exhaust options. 2" x 10" rectangular exhaust collars on the top and bottom allow the Protector XVS Ventilation Station to be connected to ductwork for exhausting to the outside or to a FilterMate™ Portable Exhauster for filtered removal of powders, particulates or fumes. Using the bottom exhaust collar keeps ductwork hidden, maximizing room visibility.
• Particulate containment independently verified by SafeBridge Consultants, Inc.
• ASHRAE 110-1995 conformity independently verified by ECT, Inc.