New CentriVap micro IR: good things come in small packages
Everything in the laboratory seems to be shrinking including the bench space-which is why the new CentriVap® micro IR comes in very handy. It has the smallest footprint available measuring 9 square inches and weighs only 20 pounds. It can fit anywhere and everything you need is included. Just plug it in and its ready for use.
The CentriVap micro IR is loaded with features that are required for fast vacuum concentration.
- Glass IR lid adds infrared heat to speed the evaporation process and reduces cross contamination from condensation. (Evaporation rates below.)
- A 300-watt heater warms the chamber from 35°C to 65°C in 0.1 degree increments.
- PTFE-coated aluminum diaphragm pump is only 2” x 2” x 4” but rated at 5.5 liters/min and 160mbars. It is strong enough for any type of sample but gentle enough to prevent sample loss from bumping
- The PTFE-coated aluminum chamber is durable and resists corrosion.
- PTFE-coated aluminum rotor accommodates 24 x 1.5ml tubes, but other accessory rotors are available and will run sample vials up to 30mls.
- CentriZap micro IR strobe light allows the user to view samples without having to interrupt the processing run by opening the lid.
- Vacuum gauge monitors parameters during the run to ensure it's running at optimum vacuum
- A 75ml glass trap is located on the exhaust side of the vacuum pump and traps vapors during the process run.
Starting in April, the CentriVap micro IR will be available to ship within 48 hours of receipt of order through Labconco XPress, and includes everything above to get started right away. No additional accessories are required.