Labconco RapidVap Vertex Dry Evaporator
Labconco has released the latest dry block evaporator in its RapidVap line. Using dry heat and nitrogen blow down, the NEW RapidVap® Vertex™ Evaporator speeds evaporation of up to 50 samples at the same time.
A convenient touch screen LCD allows easy programming of time and temperature. Up to ten different programs may be stored in its microprocessor for protocol consistency.
Unlike water bath heaters, the dry block heater requires less maintenance, no distilled water or additives, and adds no potential source of contamination.
The RapidVap Vertex Evaporator is ideal for preparation of samples in a variety of applications including drug discovery, clinical analysis, environmental testing, agrochemistry, and forensic evidence processing. Quality Labconco construction and reliable performance are backed by a one year warranty.
Some of the features and benefits this evaporator offers include:
- Microprocessor-controlled heater supplies heat to the block and is programmable from 30° C to 100° C in 1 degree increments.
- Up to 50 samples may be processed at once for maximum throughput. Seven interchangeable aluminum blocks are offered. Five blocks hold samples as small as two milliliters. Two additional blocks hold 28 mm tubes with samples sizes of 40 and 60 milliliters.
- Fast evaporation rates are achievable. Nitrogen blow down reduces the partial pressure directly over the liquid to speed evaporation and help remove the solvent as it evaporators. Heat helps speed the process.
- Angled samples increase the surface area for faster evaporation and optimized recovery.
- The glass lid provides visibility of samples and is chemical resistant. The lid may be lifted during a run to check on and add or remove sample tubes.
- Convenient, easy-to-set touch screen provides programming and display of parameters. Parameters of program number, preheat temperature from 30° C to 100° C, and time from 1 to 999 minutes may be set. During the run, actual temperature and time elapsed are displayed. Parameters may be altered at any time during the run.
- A temperature sensor probe may be positioned in the block or in a sample to monitor temperature during a run.
- Five nitrogen control valves with easy on/off switches turn nitrogen flow on or off to the nozzles above the sample vials. Each valve controls a row of 10 nozzles allowing nitrogen to be conserved during partial runs.