Made in America
Labconco is proudly committed to US manufacturing. Our company was founded in 1925 in Kansas City, Missouri, and has remained US based ever since. Through our US workforce and relationships with U.S. suppliers and distributors, Labconco is contributing to the preservation and creation of jobs that promote our country’s economic recovery. Below are a few Labconco facts that illustrate our commitment to US jobs as well as promotion of U.S. occupational health, safety and environmental responsibility.
- Founded in Kansas City, Missouri in 1925
- US citizen-owned, privately-held, fiscally-conservative business
- Labconco employs a total of approximately 250 associates, all located in the US. Our employees design, manufacture, market and provide customer support and service. We do not out source our after-sales service to off shore locations.
- All Labconco-manufactured product lines are manufactured in two central US locations: Kansas City, Missouri and Fort Scott, Kansas.
- Labconco owns 160,000 square feet of manufacturing space and 22,000 square feet of office space in Kansas City, Missouri.
- Labconco owns 80,000 square feet of manufacturing space and 5,000 square feet of office space in Fort Scott, Kansas.
- Many of Labconco’s most popular products are available to ship within 48 hours after receipt of order. Most of our other products are available to ship within 4 to 6 weeks of order.
- More than 95% of Labconco’s raw material and component suppliers are US based.
- Stainless and cold rolled steel used in our manufacturing is sourced from US steel mills.
- Labconco is ISO 9001 certified, one measure of our commitment to quality and consistency in design and manufacturing.
- “Protecting Your Laboratory Environment” is our slogan and the foundation of our product development efforts.
- For example, our ventilation products protect laboratory workers from harmful fumes, vapors and airborne biohazards.
- Labconco is a member of the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). The goal of the USGBC is to transform the way buildings and communities are designed, built and operated, so that they are environmentally and socially responsible, healthy, and prosperous.
- Three Labconco product lines contribute to LEED® points: Protector® XStream® Laboratory Fume Hoods, Purifier® Logic® Biosafety Cabinets and SteamScrubber® and FlaskScrubber® Laboratory Glassware Washers
Labconco sells through a worldwide network of laboratory supply distributors. Many of our products carry CE Marking signifying electrical conformity for use in the European Community. GSA contracts are available to governmental agencies and other authorized entities.
Our customer service...
is second to none. For inside assistance, contact Customer Service or a Product Specialist. Our team provides technical expertise with laboratory construction or renovation projects involving multiple fume hoods and more. If you need help with a Labconco product, our Product Service Representatives can assist you over the phone or arrange for service in your lab. For an on-site visit or technical advice, there's a Labconco Sales Representative in your area. Our International Department has representatives who cover the globe.
Download our Capabilities Brochure.
We have three state-of-the-art facilities at our Kansas City location to help you get to know our products first hand. The tri-level Auditorium seats up to 100 people and is equipped with fully operational products for demonstration and training purposes. The Demonstration Lab is a real laboratory where tests and methods are developed using our equipment. The Airflow Test Laboratory allows testing of new fume hoods and biological safety cabinets and replication of specific field situations and conditions.
Training seminars and workshops are held throughout the year to help customers, certifiers and trainees get to know our products first hand. These seminars are conducted at Labconco's headquarters in Kansas City.
Labconco is an ISO 9001 certified company which prides itself on the quality of our people and products. Labconco products adhere to high standards including ETL and NSF Standard 49. If you'd like to join our team, visit our Employment Opportunities for current openings. To our customers, see how we can bring you closer to discovery with our Capabilities Brochure, and allow us to show you how we can protect your laboratory environment.